Some Very and Some Not So Very Useful Sites

~~~ Learn how to cook Indian crab curry in the Hobbies section.~~~

About Me

My photo
A freelance writer by profession, I have been blogging now for about two and half years. My other interests includes SEO. Blogging motivates me to learn about new things happening on WWW and also out of it. I would like to update my blog on a daily basis, but more than that I would like to write about the latest... fastest.

Apr 22, 2009

How to add music on blogger

Finally I have figured out how people add music playlist to their blogs. It was not as easy I thought it would be. Especially, from the website from where I got this widget, that is the imeem.com. Must admit to get that playlist widget from imeem to my blog was not at all easy… I wasted half a day to understand how it worked. But all said and done, it’s the best site for this purpose because it has this option of adding widget to your blog, plus a huge collection of songs. Before this I tried to use ilike.com but didn’t get complete song.

Similarly, to have music on your site, you can add the codes to your website and have a list of songs for your viewers. In the following video, I have shown two ways of adding the playlist. If you are a novice the first method is advisable however, no problem trying the second method if you are in a mood to explore… its not really that complicated.

Open blogger and imeem.com, first you will need to register with imeem.com.

Check the video to know, how to add your favorite songs on your blog;



Step by step procedure:

• Search for you song
• Click on Add to Quickmix
• Save playlist
• Select on home/mediatracker/playlist/
• On the bottom of the playlist, Click on MORE near 'Embed this on'
• You will see a list of options; select Blogger/Add to blogger
• On clicking on that you will be taken to your blogger dashboard
• Select the blog where you want to display the playlist.
• Click on 'Add Widget'
• Save and view your blog
• If you would like to remove the Search option from the playlist then;
• Click on the song gadget in the dasboard to open the code and amend the code as shown in the blog.

Method 2:

• On the bottom of the playlist on imeem.com, you will see an option 'Embed' select all and copy.
• Come to your blogger dasboard/layout/add gadget/html-javascript
• Put a suitable title and in the content area paste the code, delete the code for search option and save.

The playlist is ready for your viewers...!!

1 comment:

Jyn's said...

thx for sharing!! I've been trying a few day how to put de mp3 player but still failed. Finally it's work, thx for showing de step. =D.
Thank you so much again!!! =)